We understand that you entrust us with your personal information. That’s why we are committed to maintaining that trust and safeguarding and preserving your privacy.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you submit documentation to us, register to use our website, subscribe to our services, transact in our funds, interact with our personnel and when you provide feedback. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, tax identification number, e-mail address and phone number, financial and bank information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet and your login information, and information about your visit, including, for example, pages visited, reports and documents downloaded and videos watched.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with a number of third parties who provide services to us and may receive information about you from them.
Where we store your personal information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information. All information we store electronically is stored on our secure servers. We have servers that are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), as well as outside the EEA. The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA and may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. When you provide us with your personal information, you agree to its transfer, storing and processing. We may also share your personal information with selected third party service providers whose services may be located inside or outside the EEA as further explained below.
Even though we have taken significant steps to ensure that your personal information is not misused, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage, use and transmission of personal information.
We store your personal information for as long as we reasonably believe is necessary in connection with the provision of products and services to you. We are obliged by law and by our regulators to keep certain information associated with your account for a period after your account has been closed.
We may use information held about you in all or any of the following ways
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements
- To carry out our obligations to you and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To ensure that content on our website is presented to you in the most effective manner
- To improve our products and tools
- To notify you about changes to our products or services, and (where you have agreed to this) to provide you with marketing information relating to our products and services
- For general internal research purposes, including to identify and analyse the regularity of the use of particular aspects of the website or the services we provide, and the nature of users of our service
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell your personal information or share it with third parties for use in marketing their products and services.
We may share your personal information with any current or future members of the Orbis Group of companies. In order to provide an efficient and legally compliant service, and for the performance of any contract we enter into with you and (where you have agreed to this) to provide you with marketing information, we may also share your information with selected third party service providers, including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice, and (where you have agreed to receive marketing information) marketing automation services providers along with affiliates, agents or delegates of those service providers, and with their successors who may process the information in various jurisdictions. We require these service providers to maintain the confidentiality of personal client information received, and to use the information only in the course of providing such services.
We may, and our service providers may, disclose your personal information to third parties under applicable law or regulation, or to regulatory or law enforcement officials and where necessary to prevent illegal activities, such as fraud. Also regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials in the jurisdictions to which any data is transferred may require the disclosure of such information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Please note that Orbis is not affiliated with, nor does it sponsor or endorse, any linking websites owned by third parties and it does not endorse any product or service offered by such linking sites.
Types of cookies
The cookies used on our website are based on the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies – essential for our site to function and to allow you to access secure areas of the website.
- Performance cookies – used to collect information about how you use our website; for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They may also be used to measure browsing activity, so we can learn how you use our website.
- Functionality cookies – allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your registered email address, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
- Targeting cookies – used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
Examples of cookies that we use (not exhaustive)
|Strictly necessary cookies|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||This is a unique cookie that is given to you for the time that you’re on the orbisaccess.co.uk website. It is used to make sure that you are shown information that is relevant to you. We use this cookie during account opening and when you sign in. The cookie disappears when you close your browser.||Orbis|
|Token_*||This isn’t a single cookie, but a set of cookies which are used when you sign in and select ‘Private device’. This helps us remember who you are when you come back to visit us. This cookie has a 1 year expiry. If not enabled, you would need to be emailed a security code each time you sign in to your account on orbisaccess.co.uk.||Orbis|
|OA_AUTH||This cookie helps us remember who you are. It’s created after you successfully sign in. It is used only once on the orbisaccess.co.uk site, so we remove it when you sign out. Without it, you would not be able to sign in.||Orbis|
|OA_DATA||This cookie allows us to track how you use the orbisaccess.co.uk website. We use it to better understand how you use our website, with a view to making improvements. This cookie has a 2 year expiry.||Orbis|
__utma, __utmb, _utmc, __utmz
These cookies are used to distinguish users and sessions, new sessions/visits, when sessions end and how traffic reached our site.
|Ict_0, ict_Master||This cookie helps us understand how many users have visited particular pages on the website.||Google Floodlight (DoubleClick)|
|wp*||Act-On is an analytics provider that uses technologies, such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts to analyse trends, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregated basis.||Act-On|
|Both of these cookies are used to protect you against an attack known as Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF/XSRF). They are used to make sure that data being submitted to us actually came from a page on our site and not a third party imitating us.||Orbis|
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) that generates statistics about our website’s traffic and traffic sources by tracking visitors to the website. The information about use of the Orbis Access website generated by the cookie (including your IP address), is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. Google will use this information in order to provide an analysis of all visitors’ use of the website and to help us compile reports on various relevant measures and activities (for example, conversion analysis, referral analysis and evaluation of search/ pay-per-click activities). The information generated is also used by Orbis Access to verify the reports and track and analyse the pages of the website you visit.
We will not upload any data that allows Google to personally identify an individual, such as names, email addresses, or any similar data. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google; however, we may connect the data we provide to, or receive from, Google with other data we have about you.
These cookies are set by browsers to protect users against known intrusive sites.
|We use these cookies to help us better understand the effectiveness of our advertising.||Google Display Network|
|Id, _drt_||DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)|
|_dc_gtm_UA-42083193-3||We use this cookie to enable us to view demographic data about visitors to the orbisaccess.co.uk site within Google Analytics, referred to above. We do this to better understand how you use our website, with a view to offering improvements and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you.||DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)|
For Google Analytics Advertiser Features, we have implemented Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Platform integrations and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
More information on “How Google uses data” can be found here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Google Analytics analyses data from AdWords and the DoubleClick-cookie for statistical purposes. If you don't want this you can disable this function via the Ads Preferences Manager (www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=en).
You can choose to accept or decline the usage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Cookie settings typically are found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.