Keeping Your Money Safe
All money belonging to clients of Orbis Access is held in ‘client money’ bank accounts at a regulated bank, Citibank NA. This is in accordance with the FCA’s client money rules. This means your money is kept separate from any of Orbis Access’ corporate money, with all client money held on trust in a pooled bank account for clients of Orbis Access. In the event that Orbis Access were to go insolvent, Orbis Access and its creditors would not have access to your money and it would be available to return to you.
Additionally, when you invest in an Orbis fund through Orbis Access, the fund uses your money to buy investments in order to achieve its investment objectives. As Custodian of the Fund, Citibank has the responsibility of making sure the investments and other assets in the fund are kept safe.
In the unlikely event that you are unable to recover your money or assets, the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is available to eligible investors and would provide compensation for losses of up to the amount of £50,000. The Scheme only compensates eligible claimants for losses suffered as a result of the inability of a FCA-regulated firm, such as Orbis Access, to pay monies due, or satisfy obligations owed, to them. The Scheme does not compensate for investment losses. You can find more information regarding the FSCS restrictions and financial limits at www.fscs.org.uk
We use the latest security measures to protect your personal information and your privacy. Here are some of the steps we take to protect your information:
- Our website uses encryption technology, as indicated by the golden padlock symbol at the top (or bottom) of the screen when you sign in to your account
- Our systems are kept in a secure physical environment with 24hr security
- You will always have to enter your registered email address and password when signing in to your secure online account
- When you sign in from a computer we don’t recognise, we will email you a security code and require you to enter it before you can sign in
- We automatically sign you off after a period of inactivity
- Each time you contact us to ask an account specific question we will verify your identity before we discuss any account details with you. The only time we will not carry out this security measure is when you contact us via a secure channel - e.g. if you send us a secure message from the Message Centre or if you start a live chat with us after you are signed in
We take great care over the security and privacy of your information, and so should you. For more information on how to be safe online, take a look at the guidance from the UK government at www.cyberstreetwise.com.
If you suspect that you’ve received an unsolicited email, please do not click on any links or reply to the email with your personal details. Orbis Access will never ask you to provide your personal or bank information in an email. If you receive a suspicious email, please forward it to email@example.com